Friday, December 17, 2010

Portobello Mushroom Quesadillas

My plan for dinner last Saturday was to have Portobello Cheese "Steaks," a recipe from eating well that is a staple in our home. I forgot to pick up rolls to have the sandwiches on (duh!) but we did have some leftover wheat tortillas that we needed to use up, so I decided to make the sandwiches into quesadillas!

Ingredients (serves 2-3)
1 portobello mushroom
1/2 green pepper
1/2 white or yellow onion
1/2 cup veggie broth
dash or oregano
dash of black pepper
1 clove of garlic
Tbsp oil 
6 fajita sized tortillas (or 4 larger tortillas)
6 thin slices provolone 

Instructions:
Slice the mushroom, pepper, and onion thinly. In a large skillet, heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat until it sizzles, add the onions. Cook for about 5 minutes, until browned. Add the mushrooms, green pepper, broth, oregano, and black pepper. Cover the pan and allow to cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5-10 minutes. Take the lid off and allow most of the remaining liquid to cook off. 

To assemble the quesadillas, lay a tortilla down, put a piece of provolone on top, and then spoon the vegetable mixture on top with a slotted spoon (to drain any remaining liquid). Add another piece of cheese on top, then another tortilla, and cook either on a hot, dry skillet, or throw it on a george foreman grill like I did, until both sides are brown. When it's done let it sit for a minute to set, and then cut it like a pizza. 

I made three since the tortillas were small, and Dan and I each had one and a half. It was plenty of food, would have been to much had I made any side dishes. 


In other news, I am exhausted. I was up until almost 4am today. I just couldn't sleep. Perhaps doing 30 day shred at 10pm had something to do with it? I did level 3 again, which is just insane. The good news is that I'm not very sore today, thankfully. 
Anyway, I woke up at like 9:30, but didn't feel too bad all morning. Then I had to take my last math test before the final today, and halfway through the exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks. Unfortunately, the test is timed, and once you open the file you have 4 hours to finish, so I just had to power through. I left 3 problems blank, because I just couldn't fathom what I was supposed to do. I also was completely unprepared, because I didn't realize that there would be trig on the test, which we learned briefly over a month ago and haven't touched since, therefore I have forgotten how to do it. So I don't have a very good feeling about this test. Once I take a nap, I'm going to spend a couple of hours studying for the final so that I can still grasp some hope of getting a B in the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment