Friday, December 10, 2010

Chickpea Soup

At least once a week, I scavenge around my kitchen to see what I could make a soup out of for lunch. I started calling it "scrap soup" to try to make Dan feel guilty for spending all our money on take out every day for lunch because he's lazy. Generally I use a mix of frozen and fresh veggies, depending on what I have around. Today I had the most amazing ingredients and made a soup that I will actually make a big pot of for dinner, because it was so delicious and filling.

Here is what I put into the pot for 1 serving of soup:


1 vegetable bullion cube (look for low-sodium bullion. You could also use chicken stock)
1 carrot, peeled and cut julienne
1 handful baby spinach
1/4 cup baby bella mushrooms
1 leek, white and light green part, chopped
3 soup spoon fulls of chickpeas
1/8 cup cooked bulgar
Clove  of garlic
Dash of onion powder
Dash of Pepper

I put everything in a pot, covered the veggies with water, brought it to a boil, and then simmered until the carrots were tender and the bullion was dissolved (about 5 minutes). Could this be any easier? Oh, and yeah, I know it's shocking that I didn't put any dijon in there :).

No comments:

Post a Comment