Wednesday, December 29, 2010

T-Minus 2 Days

I haven't been blogging because I haven't been exercising much lately. Oops. My brother is in town, and I almost never see him, so I've been spending as much time as possible with him, eating out frequently:
Little India...nom nom nom!

and drinking copiously 

Note my husband trying to wrench the drink from my grasp. 

My routines are thrown off so it's easy to slack on running and stuff. I'm not worried, because I'll just pick back up after he leaves and be a good healthy person once again.
Today I went for a practice run with my friend Simone, who I will be running First Night with in two days. I was really nervous because I haven't run in over a week, but I'm so glad we went out. I did much better than I expected, and I did have to take two walking breaks but overall we finished in 35 minutes. Not bad. I was considering not doing the race because I've been slacking so much--I've been looking for excuses: I'm NOT running if it's this cold! I'm NOT running if it's raining! But now that we did the course and I realized that I can do it, I feel better. I'm going to try not to take a walking break, but won't beat myself up if I need to. The weather is supposed to be nice, so I think the experience will be good.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment