Monday, November 22, 2010

What Is Wrong With Me?

I haven't posted in awhile because I haven't exercised much in the past week OR made any amazing meals. Sigh. I had a mini-run last Monday, did level 2 of 30 Day Shred on Tuesday night, and then went on another short run Saturday. And that's it! There wasn't much I could do about it this week because we were out of town for a funeral Thursday and half of Friday, and then I was so exhausted when I got home Friday that I slept and slept. The rest of the week was spent frantically doing homework so that I wouldn't fall too far behind. I am so, so glad this week is Thanksgiving break. It won't be a break for me, as I'll be in homework hell the whole time, but I am (hopefully) finally going to be able to get back on top of my work.

I am a regular weigher, and I was not looking forward to stepping on the scale after my sedentary week, but I'm glad I did because I discovered that I have officially lost 10 lbs since I started running again, about 10 weeks ago. Woo-hoo! I don't really write about weight loss because it isn't my main goal. I find it much easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle if I'm doing it in order to feel better (more energy, happier, etc.) and if I focus on the progress I'm making with my running (better endurance, my heart and lungs getting stronger), but it's cool to see my weight creeping down without being on a diet or anything. Besides all the exercise, I'm eating much more healthfully, but I eat naughty stuff occasionally, like the yummy chocolate milkshake I made myself Friday night. Friday night = desert night in my house. I think that I've found a good balance.

I am not happy to report that I may or may not be (getting?) sick. I mean, there is something wrong with me but I don't know what it is. I'm really tired and kind of nauseous and have had a headache off and on since Friday. I know what you're thinking, but I'm as sure as I can be that I'm not preggers. I spent all of today doing work in bed until it was time to leave for class and I guess I will rest tomorrow if I need to, but I'm getting antsy. I just want to run!

I'm hoping for a speedy recovery because I have the BEST plan for Thanksgiving! I'm going to go on a big long run Thursday morning! Yep, that's it. Dan and I always go on a long walk after Thanksgiving dinner, but this is the first year that I'm really actively exercising, and it just occurred to me that it would be awesomely smart (if not painfully obvious) to do a bunch of exercise before dinner. I fear that my mystery illness will ruin my plan, but I am not giving up hope yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment