Sunday, November 14, 2010

Let's Talk About Pomegranates

Shall we? Have you ever tried a pomegranate? I had my first one about 4 years ago, and I didn't like it. It wasn't the flavor, but the seeds that turned me off. I impulsively bought another one this year because I tend to get impulsive in the produce section (seriously, I'm always like, "Oh, I want brussel sprouts! Hey! Look at these tiny peppers! What is THIS fruit? Should we buy a plantain?" and Dan is like "STICK TO THE LIST, WOMAN!") and I'm glad I did, because I am in love. I have eaten no less than 6 pomegranates in the past week. Well, that's a slight exaggeration because Dan is here to help. But you get the idea.
So the party that's been going on in my mouth for the past couple of days is this fruit salad:

Which contains:
1/2 honeydew melon
Seeds from 1 pomegranate
1.5 cups frozen mixed berries

Simple enough. I just put everything in a bowl and let the frozen berries thaw in the fridge so that the juice from them is absorbed into the melon. The first time I made this, I used watermelon instead of honeydew (because I had one on hand that I had impulsively bought during one of my produce section frenzies) and that was really good too. 

In other news, I started out on a run last night but it got derailed when Dan was MEAN TO ME. Since I have to go to the dumb dentist tomorrow and then finish up some work that's due for tomorrow's classes, my next run won't be until Tuesday. From my apartment, there are three directions I can head. I have already tried and become bored of two of them, so Tuesday I shall try the third. I think it's iffy, though, because it's a road with pretty heavy traffic and possibly narrow shoulders, but I'll try it. Hopefully the change of scenery will help me meet my next goal of running for 30 minutes!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment