Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Series of Unsuccessful Runs

I don't know what is going on with me (seasonal depression?) but my running has taken a serious backslide in the past week. It all started when I went for a run in the cold rain last Thursday and quickly threw in the towel. Then I couldn't finish Saturday's run without a walking break. Today I went out after taking 3 days off (2 to rest my legs and one to mope around the house), and it suuuuucked. My legs felt really tired again and I was having trouble breathing from the start. WHAT THE WHAT? I had to take a walking break at 18 minutes, and tried to start up again after 1 minute but really couldn't. I mostly walked for about 10 minutes, running for about a minute several times before giving up. Once I hit the final stretch of my run, I ran the rest of the way home (probably 3 minutes of running) and felt fine. I suspect my winter blues that are setting in are the cause of my sudden suckiness, since running is so mental. I've got to push past it!! At least I was out in the sun and nice weather for 30 minutes. That might help keep the grumpies away tonight. I'm trying to take it easier on myself overall, because according to a quiz in a young-adult book Dan has, I'm a perfectionist, so I'm never satisfied unless I do perfectly. That's a recipe for disaster.

Once I got home, I decided to do 30 day shred to round out my workout and make it COUNT FOR SOMETHING. I tried level 2 for the first time, not because I've mastered level 1 yet (I'm still doing girl pushups!) but because I'm getting bored of level 1. That level 2...jesus christ. It was insane. I'm fairly certain that tomorrow I'm not going to be able to move a muscle, I'll be so sore. It was hard. I like trying out new things, though, so I appreciated that all the moves were ones I'd never done before. But at some points I was like "CAN'T I JUST DO JUMPING JACKS?"

Okay, enough tom foolery. I've got a big test tonight, I had better study!!

No comments:

Post a Comment