Saturday, February 27, 2010

hooray!

I just ran again for the first time since I sprained my ankle. Well, I ran one other time, last monday, but I had to cut the run short because my ankle hurt. This time I braced my ankle and it was fine. It felt a little stiff at first, but once I got going it didn't hurt at all. I was really worried about the toll the nearly 2 weeks of not running would take on my progress, but somehow I'm right back on track--I ran further than I've ever been able to somehow. Hooray! The ankle feels a bit sore right now, but as far as I can tell, I can get right back to running! Hallelujah!

Our invitations arrived today. I love them so much! We ordered them from this website and they turned out great. For 75 invitations, response cards, reception cards, and envelopes for everything, the total was under $200, which was really reasonable as far as I could tell. The idea of the wedding is becoming very real at this point. Tonight we're going to do some mock-ups of a decoration idea I have, hopefully it looks as awesome in real life as it does in my head.

The owner of the apartment I want so badly called last night to tell us that she was just waiting to get ahold of Dan's place of employment to confirm that he works there, and she will be calling on Monday after she gets ahold of them for us to sign the lease! I'm still holding out about 3.8% doubt that we'll get it. I really want it, and I don't want to get my hopes all up and then get disappointed. We got a ton of boxes from borders (as we do every year around this time) and started packing today, because whether or not we get this apartment, we're moving within the next two months. We got almost the entire bedroom packed up today, which is nice.
If we do get it, we can move in right away. In that case, I hope to be out of here by the 15th so that it can possibly be rented out and we will only have to pay rent for one and a half apartments in March. I will be sad to leave this one, it's an amazing apartment. If only it wasn't so damn noisy all the time. I will not miss listening to my gross downstairs neighbor cough all day and night, the parties, having someone drop something heavy directly over my bed when I'm sleeping...etc. It will be a huge relief.
The landlord is coming Monday to take pictures of the apartment so he can list it. I'm curious to see how much it's going to go for. It will be creepy to have pictures of our apartment on teh interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment