Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waah!

My schedule yesterday caused my run to happen during the snowstorm we got. There were a couple of inches of fresh snow on the ground, which in my mind was going to be soft and cushiony for my joints. What I learned is that running on snow is problematic, for two reasons:
1. It's freeking difficult. I don't know why, exactly, but it required more effort.
2. I couldn't see where the sidewalk met the grass, and landed directly on this and rolled my sad little ankle. I finished my run, which was probably the worst decision ever, and today my ankle and foot are sore and I'm increasingly limpy.
I'm not sure how long I'll be out of commission. I'm RICEing it (you know-rest, ice, compression, elevation. Duh!) but I stood on it all day at work, which is probably why it hurts so much tonight. I'm hoping that I'll only have to take today, tomorrow, and maybe friday off at the most and I'll be back out there on Saturday at the latest. A running-induced injury is my worst nightmare. Now I'm all into it and I don't want to stop, even for a few days! Argh.

In other news, school is kicking my ass. I have so much homework. Someone took my Sunday shift at the grounds, which is financially irresponsible, but will help tremendously with getting back on top of my work. I'm also going to skip my stupid history class tomorrow morning because I don't want to listen to the teacher talk about some random history books that he brought in for the day, which are only loosely related to the subject of our required reading. He inexplicably doesn't bother to draw connections between his faves and our textbook, so all that happens during class is that I get increasingly confused. Meanwhile, there's a quiz on Tuesday about the textbook, not his faves, and I don't have and hour and a half to waste right now. I will instead be holed up at the kitchen table trying to dig myself out of this pile of homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment