Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I am experiencing burnout number 2 from homework today. MATH homework. Yuck. When I hit burnout number 1, I decided to go for a run even though it was raining. I'm eager to get to my next goal of running for 30 minutes and I was planning on today being the day. Also, I was super grumpy and thought some fresh air would do me good.
I looked outside and realized it was really raining. Not exactly cats and dogs, but...um...hamsters and turtles (See how loopy I am???)? I went out anyway, and it wasn't so bad for about 4 minutes. Then I started to feel really soggy despite the fact that I had stolen Dan's running jacket that looked waterproof. And it was cold! I guess I should have worn a hat that covered my ears. I got even more grumpy than I was to start with and aborted the run pretty quickly. I ran much too fast once I decided to give up because I wanted to get out of the gross rain and started to feel winded, but I made it home. My sad little run was only 12 minutes long today. I popped in 30 Day Shred when I got home to make up for it, but I just wasn't feeling it once it got started. Looks like there will be more rain tomorrow, but the weather channel says "showers" so perhaps there will be 30 minutes of dryness that I can sneak into.
I wish it had been nicer out, because I could have used the exercise today. Maybe I'll go Boogie Down the Pounds with Richard Simmons right now! I know I already mentioned it, but that DVD is so funny. There's like....a story line. It starts with people milling outside a gate holding invitations, and Richard Simmons comes up and asks what they're all doing there. They respond, "We were invited to a disco party." and he replies "So was I, but this doesn't look like..." at which point the gates open and they go inside. Cut to a darkened discotheque, where the exercisers act creeped out until someone hits the lights and instant awesomeness ensues. Ah. Maze. Ing. Maybe I'm a little biased, seeing as how I'm a subconscious Richard Simmons fan.


**UPDATE** I did the Richard Simmons DVD and I am not grumpy anymore! I mean, how could I be? You try having that man scream "I love you" while leading you through cheesy dance moves and see if you can stay grumpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment