Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sick Day

Last night I noticed a distinct pain in my throat every time I swallowed...sigh. I hate being sick so much. Dan loves being sick because it gives him an excuse to lay on the couch, read, get out of his chores, (and, ahem, whine), but I think it's the most annoying thing ever. I've got things to do!
Last night I had some airborne, which I always do when I feel something coming on, and I almost never get really sick. Last time I started getting sick, I didn't take any and I was sick forever. Could be a coincidence, but it seems like the mega dose of vitamins and minerals does something. Also, as desperate times call for desperate measures, I ate a raw garlic clove. Now, I love garlic. I love garlic more than any normal person loves garlic. I'd heard of taking raw garlic before, but just never done it. This time I thought, "I love garlic, I might even LIKE eating it raw!" Um, no. It was awful. The flavor was so sharp and stingy. It was bad. Real bad. I managed to get it down, and then had to drink a huge glass of water because it made me feel nauseous. Despite brushing my teeth like a mad woman, I can still taste the garlic in my throat. I've only been up for an hour so it's too soon to really tell, but I don't think I feel any worse than I did last night, so it may have been worth it. We'll see.
I'm hoping I feel okay as the day unfolds because I have a bunch of crap to do. I've been at work for the past two days and Dan has been home, so needless to say, the apartment is a bit of a mess. Also, I need to bake some bread and apparently I have to make some homemade tortillas since I forgot to put them on my grocery list. Actually they are not very hard to make (I'll be using this recipe), and I'm sure store-bought tortillas are full of chemicals so tortillas might become something I make at home sine I always have the ingredients on hand.
On top of my domestic duties, I just got this:

and was planning on trying it out today since we are under a winter storm warning and I won't be running outside! I may have to wait until whatever I'm potentially sick with goes away, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment