Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lindsay's Shameless Panera Salad Rip-Off

I am obsessed with Panera's Harvest Chicken Salad (or something like that), so I made it at home for dinner last night. Here's what I used:

Lindsay's Shameless Panera Salad Rip-off

1 bag baby spinach
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & Pepper
Sage
Onion Powder
Garlic
2 Granny Smith Apples
2 Pears
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Raspberry Vinaigrette

Season the chicken with a sprinkle of each of the spices (S&P, sage, onion powder, garlic). Don't overdo it. I cooked my chicken on a George Foreman grill, but you could also cook it in a skillet or however you like.
While the chicken is cooking, wash and dice your apples and pears into little bite-sized pieces. Leave the skin on because that's where, like, all the nutrients such as FIBER are.
Once your chicken is finished cooking (should take about 5 minutes on the indoor grill), dice it up into little bite-sized pieces.
Now, there are two ways to put this salad together: the lazy way and the better way. I did the lazy way and instantly regretted it. That is, I threw all the ingredients into a big bowl and watched all of the good stuff fall to the bottom. This isn't so bad if you have salad tongs (which I thankfully do) but it's kind of a pain in the ass. What I would actually recommend is mixing all of the ingredients except for spinach and the dressing in a bowl and mix it up, and then when you are ready to serve this bad boy put down a bed of spinach and a scoop of the rest of the salad on top.
This made about four servings if the salad is your main dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment