Monday, October 25, 2010

Instead of Running...

I haven't had a chance to run since my super victory on Wednesday. Thursday was spent at the hospital with a family emergency, and Friday was spent cleaning. I planned on running, but got kind of carried away and it didn't happen.

I was feeling pretty restless at that point, so we decided to hike Prospect Mountain on Saturday. It was hard to figure out how challenging it was going to be, as internet reviews ranged from "easy" to "difficult" but we decided to try it out because it's nearby and not too long a hike (a little less than 2 miles up). We made it to the top, but it was not easy. I think it was a little bit easier than Hadley, but not by much. It was really steep almost the entire way, wet and slippery at parts, and there were tons of loose rocks just waiting to sprain my ankle. I got pretty grumpy towards the top. It was definitely worth it, though, because the summit boasts 100 mile views. It was gorgeous!



I wasn't feeling up for the super steep hike down, because I don't have very good balance or hiking boots and have sprained my ankle twice on the way down mountains, so we took the paved road that you can drive up part of the way down, avoiding the steepest wet and slippery parts. That added about a mile to our trip, but we were able to zoom down that road so fast that it didn't make much difference time wise.

Needless to say, I woke up pretty sore yesterday, and working all day didn't help. I got home and was determined to get back to my regularly scheduled exercise, though, so I popped in 30 day shred and did that. Then for good measure I did some yoga, hoping that would stretch out my muscles and make me less sore. This morning I woke up really sore, unfortunately, so I will be taking today as a rest day. I will try out a run again tomorrow even if I'm still sore and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment