Monday, October 18, 2010

GOAL!

Guess who's awesome? ME!!

I woke up a little bit early this morning, and the thought of this paper that I have to write which is due tonight was looming over my head. I was thinking that I hoped I had time for a run, and then decided to just go on one right then. First thing in the morning runs aren't my thing, because I'm usually really hungry and grumpy in the a.m., but today I wasn't hungry so I decided to go for it.

I went out on a new route and planned on running 10 minutes out and back in order to try to accomplish my next goal (running 20 minutes without stopping). I figured I'd need a walking break at around minute 15, because that's how long I've been running since I started up again.

I got to minute pretty easily, turned around, and as I anticipated, started feeling short of breath at minute 15. I didn't want to stop, though, because I was curious about whether or not I would be able to do it, so I kept going. The rational adult in me said, "YOU'RE ALMOST THERE ANYWAY!" and the lazy child responded, "NO I'M NOT!!"

At minute 17, I was really feeling out of breath (it doesn't help that I was running on a busy-ish road. All that exhaust can't be good for my little lungs!) but I could see my apartment in the distance, so I was not going to stop. And I didn't! I MADE IT!! I was sweaty and wheezing and a little dizzy (note to self: drink water before a morning run. duh), but I'm so glad I did it!

I don't love this route because it forces me to run on said busy-ish road, but I guess it will be my new route because I will be able to work my way up to 30 minutes of running on it, and it allows for some variety.

This is the 6th day out of 7 that I've exercised, and while I'm grumpier than I would expect, I notice that my motivation to exercise is increasing. I'm glad I got the 30 Day Shred (which I did again last night--holy crap was I sore! But today I feel a lot less sore, so I guess my muscles are getting used to it.) because it allows me to exercise when it's raining out, or on days like yesterday when I work all day and then take a nap, and it's already getting dark when I wake up so I can't run in my neighborhood unless I want to risk being run over.

I guess I have to go write my dumb paper now. The good thing is that I brainstormed while I was running and had to manically scribble notes for my paper so that I wouldn't forget them as soon as I got home! I was trying to write last night but was having wicked writer's block, so I count my run as part of the paper-writing process!

No comments:

Post a Comment