Thursday, October 28, 2010

Exercise Champion

Yesterday I was kind of overwhelmed with school work. I sensed that my growing stress would be helped by exercise of some sort, but I felt like I didn't have time before class to get all my work done and exercise, so I had a mental breakdown instead and still didn't get all of my work done. I had more work ahead of me after my class got out at 9:30pm, so I did 30 Day Shred to get some energy to get me through.

Thursdays are all-day homework fests for me, and I vowed not to make the same mistake again. I did some work in the morning, had lunch, and got out there for a run. I almost didn't go because it was super windy, but I figured I'd try it.

It was indeed difficult because of the wind gusts. I almost lost my awesome Jaegermeister hat a bunch of times! I was running at an excellent pace, though, so that was good. At one point, and old man who was on a walk, walking towards me, began applauding and said "Good job! Keep it up!" I'm not sure if I liked it or not. I ran the entire route this time, thankfully, but I did feel pretty tired towards the end, probably because of the wind. I was out there or 23 minutes even. I really didn't feel up to going farther.

Since I didn't try for a longer time, as soon as I got home I decided to pop in 30 Day Shred. My new thing is to do it barefoot, partially because my running shoes badly need to be replaced, and partially because I've read a bunch of stuff about this barefoot running movement. Some believe it's better for the muscles in your feet/ankles/legs to not wear shoes. I noticed that the cardio moves on the DVD feel different, especially in my calves, when I'm barefoot. Anyway, that workout was really tough after finishing a tiring run, but I made it through. I'm going to move on to level 2 pretty soon. When I finished, I decided to round out my experience and queued up some yoga. I wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't going to make the same mistake as yesterday.

On Saturday I'm going to run the First Night route with seasoned First Night expert Dan to see where i'm at and how much work I need to do to be ready for this bitch.

Fact: I am currently shopping Richard Simmons DVDs to add more variety into my workouts. I'M NOT JOKING.

UPDATE! I just ordered this:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment