Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Day Shred

As planned, I got my hands on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred last night. I've heard a lot about it over the internets, particularly when I was planning the wedding. Those brides-to-be were all abuzz with their fitness plans, and everyone seemed to be doing this DVD. Further internet research brought mostly positive reviews, so I ran right out and got myself a copy.

Today was the perfect day to exercise indoors, as it's cold and rainy out. I popped in my DVD, got my hand weights ready, and proceeded to get my butt seriously kicked. It's only a 20 minute workout, but it is really challenging and by minute 10, I was sweating as if I was on a run. I'm pretty excited, it was awesome. I would definitely recommend it. Because I'm using weights, I'm going to get SO STRONG!

The plan is intended to be done every day for 30 days, but I definitely am not doing that. I still want to run, so I'm planning on running 2-3 days a week and doing the DVD 3-4 other days. Hopefully I won't get bored this way! I know that exercise is important, not just physically, but I'm generally less crazy when I'm getting exercise. It's just not always easy to go on a run every day, though, especially because it's pretty boring in my opinion. So now I'm mixing it up. I'm so smart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment