Monday, March 15, 2010

closing in on my first goal!

On Thursday I posted that I was stoked to run 4 minutes without stopping for a little walking break. That got me half a mile into my route. Today, I surprised myself by running for nearly 6 minutes without stopping, and getting myself to the 3/4 mile mark! My estimation is that I will reach my goal (running one mile without stopping) at some point next week. Yowza!!
There has to be a life lesson in this somewhere. Like, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO! Or something. I'm not a runner, never have been. Well, actually, I guess I am a runner now. Even in middle school, when I was super active (biking, roller-skating, generally playing outside until the streetlights came on) I was awful at the mile during the presidential fitness test. I would start running, and then less than halfway around one lap on that goddamn track I would start wheezing and have to walk. I got lapped like crazy. Even when I would use an inhaler beforehand, I just sucked. Now I can run the equivalent of 3 laps around that bitch like a pro. Or 12 laps around the indoor gym! I'm awesome!
You'd better believe I'll brag on here immediately when I conquer that mile. Probably immediately after the run, before I take a shower.



No comments:

Post a Comment